TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Couple of thoughts
People Seeking Info

Subject Couple of thoughts

Posted by Summeronthechain (MN) on December 06, 2023 at 2:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 123 times.

In Reply To Severe Brake Shudder - Z32 Track Car posted by NormZOH on December 04, 2023 at 12:59 PM

Message First thing I would check is the rotor temp after you've been doing a bunch of driving with the shudder. Obviously the rotors will be hot, but is one side noticeably hotter than the others? could be a stuck caliper.

Possible to have someone drive along side and watch the wheels while it is shuddering? A vibration like that might be visible from the outside.

To me it definitely sounds like something suspension related. Perhaps something not tightened correctly from the shop that did your alignment.

Is also sounds like its metal on metal clanging? Perhaps a worn or bad suspension bushing? Might not be visible via inspection, but by taking a crow bar and applying pressure to the components it should be obvious.

I've gone through plenty of bad rotors and brake setups with vibrations but nothing that sounded and looked like that. I don't think its brake related given that you've replaced the rotors and double checked the calipers, bolts, mounting points, etc.

Photobucket

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.